Are Orbeez Toxic to Dogs? What You Need to Know

Orbeez are small, colorful balls that can be a lot of fun to play with. They can be used for decoration, crafts, or just as a sensory toy. But if you’re a dog owner, you might be wondering if Orbeez are safe for your furry friend.

In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the question of whether Orbeez are toxic to dogs.

What Are Orbeez?

Orbeez are small, round polymer balls that expand when they are soaked in water. They are made from a non-toxic and biodegradable material that is safe for humans to handle. Orbeez come in a variety of colors, and they can be used for a variety of purposes.

Why Do Dogs Like Orbeez?

Dogs are curious creatures, and they are often attracted to things that are colorful or have interesting textures. Orbeez can be a lot of fun for dogs to play with, especially if they are used as part of a sensory bin or other interactive activity. However, just because dogs like Orbeez doesn’t mean that they are safe for them to ingest.

Are Orbeez Toxic to Dogs?

While Orbeez are non-toxic and safe for humans, they can be harmful if ingested by dogs. The main concern is that Orbeez can cause a blockage in the digestive system, which can be very dangerous. If your dog ingests Orbeez, they may experience vomiting, diarrhea, or other symptoms of gastrointestinal distress. In severe cases, surgery may be required to remove the blockage.

What Should You Do If Your Dog Eats Orbeez?

If you suspect that your dog has eaten Orbeez, it’s important to act quickly. Call your veterinarian right away and describe the situation. They may advise you to bring your dog in for an examination, or they may give you instructions on what to do at home. Do not induce vomiting unless instructed to do so by a veterinarian.

How to Keep Your Dog Safe Around Orbeez

The best way to keep your dog safe around Orbeez is to keep them out of reach. Store Orbeez in a secure container or in a location where your dog cannot access them. If you are using Orbeez as part of a sensory bin or other activity with your dog, supervise them closely and make sure that they do not ingest any of the balls.


While Orbeez can be a lot of fun to play with, they can be dangerous if ingested by dogs. If you have Orbeez in your home, it’s important to keep them out of reach and to supervise your dog closely when they are playing with them.

If you suspect that your dog has eaten Orbeez, contact your veterinarian right away. With a little bit of caution and awareness, you can keep your furry friend safe and happy.